Friday, April 1, 2011

Cal and Dad vs. Food

I set out yesterday with my son Callen for Columbus, Ohio.  Our goals are many:  Eat, hang out and have fun together, experience a type of rite-of -passage as he looks to begin high school next fall.  We started out leaving our house and headed to Melt.  If you have never been to, or heard of Melt, click on the link.  As they say on the website, a trip to Melt is like an event, not just going out to eat.

I tried there winter chicken grilled cheese.  All sandwiches come with a hefty serving of fresh cut fries and Melt's own sweet slaw.  Take a look.  I admit I was able to eat the whole thing, while my son had to get a to go box.  We proceeded to the West side of Columbus where we will be hanging out for a couple of days trying to accomplish our goals mentioned above.

One of the rite of passage conversations will be around this verse:  Numbers 15:39.  I will present my son with a simple braided leather "tassel" that will hopefully serve as a reminder of the fun we had together, but more importantly of the plan God has for him, and how he must work to live like Jesus.

Well, he's waking up, and we have a Chinese Buffet to hit today and a burger place.  Headed to a 3 block bookstore over in German Village.  Thanks for praying for us.

2 comments:

  1. Dude...you're in town? Give us a shout! Have fun. What a great thing to celebrate and share together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron,

    I tried to call you, but had the wrong cell phone #. Maybe next time.

    Sorry,

    Ern

    ReplyDelete