Thursday, February 24, 2011

212 Degrees

Been off the grid for about a week.  It has been rather busy.  First full week of coaching softball.  Thought for the week with the girls was "Practice as if you are the worst, and perform as if you are the best."  This is a really busy time of the year.  It is usually the time when patience is short and arguments are often.  Trying to talk to myself about this so as to make things a little more peaceful heading into the spring.

Talked to the girls on the softball team a lot about effort this week.  One thing that is unacceptable at my softball practice is "I can't."  I expect "I'll try."  One of my favorite inspirational videos is called 212 degrees.  It talks about the fact that at 211 degrees you have really hot water, but at 212 degrees you get steam,,,and that can power a locomotive.  Just one degree makes that much difference....here watch for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment