Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

I got to go on a date on Sunday, right before Valentine's Day. It was time away from my "true" Valentine, but it was time spent with one of my "mini" Valentine's. We went to our favorite restaurant, Bahama Breeze, and just had a wonderful time. I realized when I sat down, and we prayed for our food, how truly blessed I am.

I heard one key phrase from my pastor's sermon this past week. "I am not all that I am supposed to be, but at least I am not who I was." Thank God for grace......

I hope my kids see this in me. May I always default to Grace when I am uncertain.....................................

This picture is from our last date at Steak-n-Shake, but it is a keeper. I wish life could stay simple, but kids grow, they become independent, but I hope they remember the grace extended to them...it would help all of us to remember the grace extended to us, then we would be more generous with grace.

May I always live as if my shake has two straws..........................

2 comments:

  1. I continue to learn from each writing that you post. I have learned a lot in the past (many) months yet I continue to read and absorb new pearls that I can apply to my life. Thank you for sharing you life, thoughts and experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aunt Peg. As I said in an earlier post, and you mentioned in an email to one of us, we don't talk enough about "what matters" and I find this is an easy way for me to express what I don't always take the time to say......

    ReplyDelete