Thursday, February 3, 2011

No Tombstone

So I am sitting in my living room playing with our 9-month old boxer and I hear this catchy little tune pumping from the direction of our home computer being used by my 10-year old daughter.  I say to her, "What is that your are listening to?"  Innocently, she says, "I found this 'white rapper', and he is really awesome" (This probably comes from her limited exposure to rap music from her 14-year old brother)  She is really much more of a Faith Hill/Taylor Swift type of girl.  She goes on, "His name is Andy 'C-Lite' Mineo, and he is a Christian."  Skeptical, I say Ok, give it a brief "fatherly" look and listen, and continue with what I was doing.

Later on, my curiosity got the best of me.  I went back on Youtube and did a little investigation of this "C- Lite."  Come to find out, he is a guy from Philadelphia trying to spread the Gospel using as many media outlets as possible.  His website can be found here.  The message in this particular song is quite compelling.  He tells (and shows) a story played out thousands of times over in the streets of big cities.  I am sure there are ways to apply the message to situations in our everyday lives where we influence people.

This is definitely a specific genre of music that not all of you will appreciate, but as a father, I would rather my kids hear this message, through this mode of music, than some of the other stuff that is out there.

Enjoy.................

0 comments:

Post a Comment