Tuesday, January 25, 2011

David said it all.......

I like how The Message summarizes what Peter was saying when he was quoting David....you follow all that?  Peter had just quoted the prophet Joel, and then in verses 22-24 he specifically addresses the Israelites and uses David at the end to give it a little more credibility:

I saw God before me for all time.
      Nothing can shake me; he's right by my side.
   I'm glad from the inside out, ecstatic;
      I've pitched my tent in the land of hope.
   I know you'll never dump me in Hades;
      I'll never even smell the stench of death
                                         You've got my feet on the life-path,
                                                 with your face shining sun-joy all around. (Msg Acts 2:25-28)

God never goes away or takes a vacation.  He is Emmanuel, God with us, and that gives us confidence.  I am not dependent on outside circumstances for the inside feeling of joy/contentment.  I exist where there is hope, knowing that I never will have to experience the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" that will be typical in the pits of Hell.  God gives me direction, steers me down the road less traveled, all the while spilling peace and contentment on those I come in contact with.  That is the type of Christianity I long to be a part of...David really did say it all.........

1 comment:

  1. Love me some David. He's at the top of that "when I get to Heaven" list. To know that a guy that is just like every other guy out there, (and yet wasn't on so many levels), can just get it like he did. There is much I can learn from David both in his trials and his triumphs. Oh to be a man after Gods own heart.....

    ReplyDelete