Friday, January 7, 2011

Does God have a Plan B?

Sorry...been off the grid a couple days. Contracted a winter sinus issue and it has kept me down and out

However, continuing to read in Acts, I continue to find myself learning and having questions. So Jesus has left and gone into heaven. They return to where they are staying and begin to pray with Mary and others...probably asking themselves what they should do next. After all, they were told not to leave Jerusalem.

I am sure there were questions among them about what had transpired over the last several days. So on a day when there was a decent crowd, Peter (who was never shy to speak to a crowd), attempts to answer one of the questions that was probably floating around the rumor mill....what about Judas? How did we not know? Why would he do such a thing? He was one of us!?

So I have a question in my mind...was Judas' fate sealed? I think I realize God didn't cause him to sin, and that he was tempted by his own evil desires, etc (James 1:14-15) But Peter references some verses in Psalms that talk about what happened to Judas as scripture being fulfilled. They don't mention Judas by name but the reference fits saying "his home would have no one living in it." Obviously because Judas went out and hung himself. So I wonder, what if Judas would have chosen differently, if he indeed had a choice!? Would God have had a plan B person amongst the ranks to turn their back on the Christ?

Does God have a plan B for me? I know I have been dragged away and enticed by my own evil desires...I haven't always made the choices that have lined up with His plan for my life.........I just wonder. A question for Heaven, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I am learning something new every day. Thanks for the help and lessons..

    ReplyDelete